September 29, 2012

Upcycled Tees

I've been sewing almost exclusively with knits around here recently. I'm having way too much fun! This was the first of the knit projects I took on this summer.


I originally painted a small gray t-shirt back in the day. (Love that skyline!) It was too small over time, so I cut it up for Jude last summer and finally finished it a few months ago. The length was too short this year so I added a scrap white t-shirt hem to the bottom.


He wore it a lot this summer. I made up the pattern so my neckline and arm holes are a little wonky.  Eh.  Oh well.


Next up was a light blue, textured cotton t-shirt I picked up at a garage sale this summer. The color was just too fabulous to pass up! I turned it into a long sleeve tee (my own pattern) for fall/winter wearing. It's been perfect to pair with both summer shorts and fall khakis.


This is his new "cheese" face.



What a cute kid ... cankles and all.


Jesse just cleaned out his closet, so we've got several long sleeve tees in the queue too. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment