December 23, 2011

Bedroom Completed

I brought out the duvet cover and down comforter last month, which finally brought my bedding set all together!

I'm not sure if you remember, but I sewed my duvet cover last April. Not too much later we moved and I sewed my summer bedding & pillows in September. Finally, in November I was able to bring the whole set together for the first time.

I even bought flannel snowflake sheets (although mine have two-toned gray snowflakes) for a super steal at Target last year. They're totally cute with the set.

Right before Thanksgiving my mother-in-law helped me paint our bedroom. I chose "knitting needles" from Sherwin Williams.

I was really worried about a monotone bedroom - as you can see I have zero color in the room. But, turns out, I really love it. I may add a pillow or two throughout the year, but surprisingly I think that's all it needs.

Lastly, here's a close-up of my dresser just because. Actually, I had to brag on my dad who made that beautiful jewelry chest for me. He made three others for my sisters and sister-in-law too for Christmas last year. Incredible, right? I have amazingly creative parents. But, funny that they wouldn't admit it themselves, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment