May 20, 2011

One Year Old

Two days ago our little munchkin turned one. We celebrated at home just the three of us.  Next weekend we'll have the big party with our family and friends.

I got balloons for him earlier in the day.  I love how fascinating those are for children!  He stared at them and played with them all the way home.  We opened cards during dinner and then we brought out the cake.

I love that face for some reason.  He is so entranced by that candle.
Then, we started to sing and he threw a little mini fit.  This picture makes me laugh a lot.  Isn't it just classic?
And, just as quickly as the fit came on it was over.  Appeased by frosting, I guess.  I made a carrot cake that I got from the wholesome foods website.  It was so stinkin healthy that it just wasn't very good.  Jude ate it fine, but Jesse and I could only do a bite or two.  Tasted like a bran muffin with frosting on it.  Sometimes I try too hard and this was a perfect example.  At least we got a good laugh out of it!
This is the face of the Jude that we know and love.  It's like he always has a thousand things he would communicate if only he could talk!  He's been that way from the beginning.
And, just as we predicted, he meticulously picked at his cake - using the pincer grasp for every single bite.  He does this with all of his meals.  He eats a lot, but very very slowly.
Last but not least we opened the gift that Nana and Papa sent. 
He was immediately engaged in it.  Isn't that train so cute?

All in all, we had a very happy birthday.  Preparations have started for next weekend, and I'm looking forward to showing you what I've been up to.  Happy Birthday to Jude!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little one! We have the same train and it's still a huge hit around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little boy could not be cuter if he tried! And for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to write you back a private message from when you wrote me. Will you send me your email address? I feel like I'm 100 years old and just discovered the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Jude! You're such a cutie and your train looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete