March 14, 2011

Bag of Blocks

Jude received some alphabet blocks for Christmas and I've been meaning to make a drawstring bag for them since then. I finally got around to it last week. In fact, I was giving a friend of mine sewing lessons and I decided this would be her first project. So, we sewed identical bags together.

I'm finding that I love to sew with my friends by my side. It might be one of my favorite ways to spend time. In the last couple of years I've now taught four of my friends how to sew. How great is that?

I added some letters to the front of mine and I left the edges raw because I'm lazy.

Does the blue, black, white combo make anyone else think of cookie monster? It's bothering me a little.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm just now putting the finishing touches on a drawstring bag for an online sewing class I'm taking, except I'm using bias tape for the casing. I like the color blocking effect you used. Must try soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. C is for cookie... it's good enough for Jude! :) I love it! You are such a creative mama.

    -Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute bag. So do most of your projects seem to involve your son? I seem to have a stack of things to do for Lilly and Anna when I get board of quilting. I think having kids has taking me out of my comfort zone and made me more creative.

    ReplyDelete