August 16, 2009

Rainy Sunday

We had a glorious Sunday last weekend. The kind where it rained all day long. I love those kinds of days in the middle of summer because I don't feel a bit of guilt about not being outside to enjoy the sunshine. Instead, Jesse and I just laid around the house and rested. We loved it.

The Saturday before I had gone thrift store shopping with my sister-in-law, and it was the really successful kind too! We both came home with a variety of different odds and ends. So good! We also came up with a quilt idea for her home and we searched high and low for fabrics to go in it. But, that's a different story. Hopefully I'll be able to post a completed quilt by the end of the year. That would be fun! But, in the middle of our shopping trip I picked up some t-shirts at the dollar store.

I've been in need of a few more good t-shirts to wear for lounging in the evenings and on weekends. So, I used my wonderful, rainy Sunday to put some designs on my new dollar store t-shirts. I used the same freezer paper technique that I have used here, here and here.

Here they are:

a shout out to the homeland

the bike I don't even own

and, a bird for good measure.

Such an easy and fun project. I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. Cute shirts. I got here from Angry Chicken. I had to check out your blog b/c mine is named A Thousand Little Wishes and that's just so similar. Cute blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. check it out, there's the Seattle skyline! haha.
    thanks for the sweet comment on MADE. It's been fun finding out who's from the pacific Northwest :)
    Cute shirts you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like we've been up to the same things. I just made the banner and I'm hoping to make t-shirts soon for to go with the some pj pants I made the kids for Christmas. Very cute designs, i love the bird :) -Lindsie

    ReplyDelete