July 8, 2009

Eat Your Veggies (Part IV)

Photo courtesy of Martha Stewart Living, May 2008

Time for a veggie garden update. After A LOT of weeding last weekend here is what my garden looks like now. I was able to pick a green bean from the plant and eat it. It tasted a little like it needed to stay on the plant for another week or so. (Whatever that tastes like.) So I left the others there. Hopefully we can enjoy them next week with dinner.

The pumpkin is the plant near the front. It is huge! This is from just one pumpkin seed. I can't believe it. I was warned about the potential size from many people, but chose to ignore them and try it out for myself. Turns out they were right.

The beautiful flowers behind my garden are my neighbor's. She does a delightful job with those beauties. I'm so glad we get to enjoy them. In fact, she let me pick some of those white snowballs just this week to bring into the house. Yay!


Here's my first tomato! So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment